In order to protect the best interest of clients and volunteers and as a condition of being a paid staff person or volunteer of the Sacramento LGBT Community Center and its programs, I agree to adhere to the organization’s ethical standards. I agree to speak to my supervisor or the Human Resources department in the event that any of the above ethical standards remain unclear or when an ethical situation arises that needs clarification. I agree to adhere to the ethical standards stated above and to use good judgment to follow the “spirit” of the policy where specific situations are not fully stipulated.
ALCOHOL & DRUG USE POLICY
I hereby agree to adhere to the Sacramento LGBT Community Center policy regarding Alcohol and Drug Use. It is forbidden for me to bring intoxicating liqueurs, narcotic drugs or chemicals into the Sacramento LGBT Community Center or onto the premises. Likewise, it is forbidden for me to be on duty while under the influence of or possessing alcohol, drugs or intoxicants of any type.
FEDERAL DRUG FREE WORKPLACE ACT
All employees and volunteers are required by federal law to abide by the Federal Drug Free Workplace Act Policy as a condition of their employment, paid or voluntary, at the Sacramento LGBT Community Center. In addition, all employees and volunteers are required to report to the Executive Director/Board of Directors any criminal drug statute conviction for conduct in the workplace within 5 days of the conviction.
STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY
In the interest of fostering confidence in all clients/service recipients regarding the security and privacy of all information contained in the records of any and all departments of the Sacramento LGBT Community Center, I, as a paid staff person or volunteer of the Sacramento LGBT Community Center agree to adhere to the agency’s guidelines regarding client confidentiality.
RELATIONSHIPS IN THE WORKPLACE POLICIES
I hereby agree to adhere to all Relationships in the Workplace Policies and to use good judgment to follow the “spirit” of the policy where specific situations are not fully stipulated. As this policy is not all encompassing, if I have any issue or question, I agree to bring them to the attention of my supervisor or the Human Resources department.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST/UNLAWFUL SOLICITATION
By virtue of being an employee of an outside agency, corporation or business concern, no paid or volunteer staff member of the Sacramento LGBT Community Center or economic dependent of staff member shall exert influence or have any direct or indirect financial interests in the awarding of any agreement or competing agreements or refer the Sacramento LGBT Community Center clients to said outside agency, corporation or business concern.
No paid or volunteer staff member of the Sacramento LGBT Community Center shall act as a runner or capper for attorneys in violation of all provisions of Article 9, Chapter 4, Division 3, Section 6150 of the Business and Professions Code of the State of California.
PHOTO RELEASE POLICY
By signing this agreement, I grant full permission for the Center, its nonprofit partner agencies, and its officers and directors, employees, agents, and volunteers (“Releases”), to use photographs, video, and audio of myself, and quotations from myself, in accounts, promotions, and publications of the Center and these activities, and I hereby waive my right of publicity in connection with such uses.
SEXUAL HARASSMENT POLICY
Sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal, or physical conduct of a sexual nature when, a) submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual’s employment or volunteer or internship opportunity, b) submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment, volunteer or internship decisions affecting such individual, or c) such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual’s performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment.
Sexual harassment includes:
- Verbal harassment, such as epithets, derogatory comments or slurs.
- Physical harassment, such as assault, impeding or blocking movement or any physical interference of another’s normal work or movement when directed at an individual.
- Visual forms of harassment, such as displaying derogatory posters, cartoons or drawings that are offensive.
- Requests for sexual favors or making unwanted sexual advances.
The Center has a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination of any kind by staff, supervisors, colleagues, clients, volunteers, interns, vendors, or contractors. Complaints are to be communicated to a supervisor, member of management, Volunteer Resources or Human Resources. Complaints will be followed by a fair, complete and timely investigation. Confidentiality will be maintained throughout the investigatory process to the extent consistent with adequate investigation and appropriate corrective action if any wrongdoing is detected. There is no guarantee of complete confidentiality, but the Center will strive to maintain confidentiality on a business need-to-know basis during the investigation.
Retaliation against any individual for reporting harassment or discrimination or for participating in an investigation of a claim of harassment or discrimination is a serious violation of this policy, and like harassment or discrimination itself, will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Acts of retaliation should be reported immediately and will promptly be investigated and addressed.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
In consideration of being permitted to participate in activities and events sponsored by the Sacramento LGBT Community Center, I agree to the following:
- I agree to comply with all directions and policies of the activity/event, the activity/event organizers and the activity/event facility. I understand that the event is potentially a hazardous activity, and that accidents during the event could lead to serious injury, death and/or property damage, both to me and to others. Risks associated with the event may include, but are not limited to:
- using public streets and facilities where hazards such as broken pavement and road debris may exist;
- being struck by, or colliding with, other participants, spectators, automobiles, road and sand debris;
- dehydration, heat stroke, over-exertion, exhaustion, cramps, soft tissue injuries and/or broken bones;
- participating with individuals of all skill levels, including both experienced and novice participants;
- negligence or carelessness of the Sacramento LGBT Community Center, sponsors, employees, volunteers, participating groups, communities, members of the medical team, and owners/lessors of the property or facility owners (which may include state and local governmental entities), and;
- negligence or carelessness in the implementation or enforcement of any rules, regulations or guidelines related to the event and/or in the selection, use or maintenance of any equipment, course, competition, facility or service related to the event.
I understand that the activity/event may expose me to risks other than those listed above and that the risks may not be reasonably foreseeable to me or to the Sacramento LGBT Community Center. In consideration for being allowed to participate in the activity/event, I hereby assume all risks associated with the activity/event, even those risks which are not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
- For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, I hereby fully discharge and forever release the Sacramento LGBT Community Center, and all of its respective agents, partners, employees, representatives, shareholders, officers, directors, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”), of and from any and all claims, demands, losses, damages, actions or causes of action whatsoever, whether known or unknown, whether at law or in equity, which I or my heirs, executors, administrators, successors or assigns may now or hereafter have against any of the Releasees in connection with my participation in the activity/event, notwithstanding that such claim, damage, action or cause of action may have been contributed to by the negligent acts or admissions of any of the Releasees or otherwise while I am participating in the activity/event.
I hereby expressly waive and relinquish any and all rights, defenses and benefits I may have now or in the future under
the provisions of California Civil Code section 1542, which provides as follows:
“A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, I acknowledge that the Releasees will not be responsible for any injury, accident, or any other loss, damage or expense relating to or arising out of my attending the activity/event, including, without limitations, in respect of any medical care or treatment that Releasees, or any persons authorized by any of them, may administer to me in the event of an injury or illness during the event.
- I hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Releasees from all liabilities, claims, costs, expenses, damages, losses and obligations, of any kind or nature (whether in law or in equity), which may arise or result (either directly or indirectly) from my participation in the activity/event.
- I expressly agree that the foregoing release and waiver and assumption of the risk are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by California law. I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing and that I am aware of the legal consequences of this agreement, including that it prevents me from suing the Sacramento LGBT Community Center, or its employees, agents or officers if I am injured or damaged for any reason as a result of my participation in the activity/event.
- This agreement sets forth the complete agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter contained in the agreement.
- I acknowledge that this agreement, when completed, must be submitted to the designated Sacramento LGBT Community Center Representative prior to my participating in the activity/event.
I acknowledge that I have read the Sacramento LGBT Community Center’s policies on its ethical standards, alcohol and drug use, statement of confidentiality, relationships in the workplace, conflicts of interest and unlawful solicitation, sexual harassment policy, which are applicable to all employees and volunteers, as well as the release and waiver of liability. I accept and agree to adhere to all policies and guidelines aforementioned and understand that I have an opportunity to discuss any questions I may have with my manager, supervisor or with Human Resources.