You’ve heard the story of Joshua. You also learned about our Queer Voices program. This is just the tip of the iceberg! There are many other vital programs we offer at the Center… and we can’t wait to continue sharing them as we approach Big Day of Giving on May 7.
Although Big Day of Giving is next week, we can make an impact as early as today. Thanks to the generosity of the Nickerson Trust, we’ve been challenged to raise $10,000 to receive an additional $10,000! Help us pave the way for our community members today and double your donation.
Like we said, just because our physical doors are closed that doesn’t mean we aren’t working hard (and remotely!) for the community. In fact, our work is busier and more important now than ever as demand for services increases with so many queer and trans folks losing their jobs during the pandemic. By donating today, you allow us to continue providing Emergency Services like:
- Our community resource and referral line in Spanish and English
- Sexual health navigation
- Support groups and 12-step groups via Zoom video conferencing (Coming Out, Golden Grounds, QPOC, Transgender, Twenty Somethings, Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Love & Sex Anonymous)
- Crime victim services including emergency shelter, counseling, and legal services
- Emergency food, clothing, and supply packs to go for youth experiencing homelessness
- Queer youth chat space and video conference youth groups
- Emergency shelter and transitional housing for youth experiencing homelessness