Mark your calendars! Big Day of Giving is May 3rd, 2018!
Celebrate Big Day of Giving in our region by supporting the Sacramento LGBT Community Center! Big Day of Giving is a 24-hour online challenge that brings our non-profit community together to raise funds that strengthen the region we call home.
Your contribution to the Sacramento LGBT Community Center on Big Day of Giving supports the health and wellness of the most marginalized, ensures we can continue as an advocate for equality and justice, and builds a culturally rich LGBTQ community.
Your gift on Big Day of Giving supports our services, like:
- $25 supports an individual HIV/HCV testing and counseling session so that we can help prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS.
- $100 provides one cultural competency and diversity training for any agency, workplace, or school seeking to create an affirming and compliant environment.
- $500 allows 100 people free youth and adult support groups and access to service referrals.
- $1,250 provides housing, transportation, and living expenses for one of our transitional living program residents for one month.
- $5,000 allows the Center to take positions and organize the community around pending administrative and legislative initiatives throughout the year, as well as participate around the clock on task forces, committees, and coalitions.
- $10,000 sends 5 youth to a weeklong national leadership conference to learn and bring advocacy tactics back to Sacramento so that we can create a more diverse and equitable region.