You can make a difference.
There is no such thing as a small gift to the Center.
All gifts help the Center meet the needs of the diverse, unique populations that make up our cherished, local LGBTQ community.
Whether it is a donation today, a monthly contribution, attendance at a fundraiser, corporate sponsorship, or a legacy gift, every dollar matters and will be put to good use.
Below are some creative ways you can make a difference in a better tomorrow for LGBTQ people.
Your donation can have an impact on your community today. You can make a big difference, no matter the size of your gift:
- $25 supports an individual HIV/HCV testing and counseling session.
- $100 provides one cultural competency and diversity training for any agency, workplace, or school seeking to create an affirming and compliant environment.
- $500 allows 100 people free youth and adult support groups and access to service referrals.
- $1250 provides housing, transportation, and living expenses for one of our transitional living program residents for one month.
- $5000 allows the Center to take positions and organize the community around pending administrative and legislative initiatives throughout the year, as well as participate around the clock on task forces, committees, and coalitions.
- $10000 sends 5 youth to a weeklong national leadership conference to learn and bring advocacy tactics back to Sacramento so that we can create a more diverse and equitable region.
The Center’s Pride is a tremendous group of Center supporters who demonstrate their ongoing belief and passion for our mission by making a monthly gift.
An easy process, just choose the amount, then lean back and smile knowing you make the lives of LGBTQ community members, young and old, better every day.
The Lambda Legacy Circle is full of generous Center donors who plan on leaving the Center a legacy gift. Legacy giving, also known as planned or deferred giving, is when an individual plans now to make a charitable gift from their estate after their passing.
Your legacy gift will be treasured forever. You may think your estate is not big enough to give; please know that any and all gifts given from the heart are generous and truly appreciated.
Are you 70 ½ years or older and interested in giving to your community center? Consider giving through your Individual Retirement Account. You can give up to $100,000 direct to the Center, income tax-free!
Corporate sponsors invest in the Center through sponsorship to energize Center events and programs while increasing the visibility of their business and its support of the LGBTQ community.
Many sponsors find our opportunities not only mutually beneficial, but imperative to their brand loyalty.
Your vehicle may be at the end of its life, but it is only at the beginning of impacting the lives of others! When you contribute your car, boat, or other vehicle to the Sacramento LGBT Community Center, it will support the programs, services, and events the Center provides.
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
You heard right! Shop till you drop and 0.5% of every purchase you make on AmazonSmile will go back to the Sacramento LGBT Community Center.
Did you know you can give to your community center by giving through your workplace? Or that workplace giving programs operate year-round through payroll deductions? Or that you can double the impact of your gift through an employer matching gift? Many employers also match contributions of volunteer time.
Throughout the year, the Center hosts events to raise funds and awareness for our programs and services. Each event has its own striking and distinct personality. Check out the following experiences!
Mama’s Makin’ Bacon Drag Brunch, an outrageous, entertaining brunch like no other.
Q-Prom,an authentic prom experience for LGBTQ and allied youth.
Sacramento Pride Awards, a celebration of our community’s unsung heroes that make a difference every day.
Sacramento Pride, the region’s annual Pride celebration and parade.