Big Day of Giving was such a beautifully rewarding 24 hours of raising awareness and funds for our growing organization.
Thank you for tuning in and joining us for Big Day of Giving 2019. We can’t thank you enough for your support! Yesterday, you learned about the Center, our work, your impact, and the LGBTQ community that’s being built in our region. But looking back, we see how much of a community we already have. We are so grateful for your leadership in creating a region where LGBTQ people thrive. You helped us raise $37,696! And the donations are still trickling in. Your support of the LGBTQ community does wonders and below is just an idea of the impact you are creating.
In 24 hours, donors like you, provided the community:
- 1,402 HIV/HCV tests with counseling
- 351 cultural humility trainings for any agency, workplace, or school seeking to create a affirming and compliant environment
- Free youth and adult support groups and access to service referrals for 700+ people
- Housing, transportation, and living expenses for 28 youth residents for a month
- 3 years’ worth of sending 5 youth to a weeklong national leadership conference to learn about advocacy tactics to bring back to sacrament, so that we can create a more diverse and equitable region.
If you didn’t get a chance to see our live broadcasts, check it out on our Facebook page! And did you miss our sneak peek of the new Short-Term Transitional Emergency Program (S.T.E.P.) house? Click here for an exclusive sneak peek and stay tuned for it’s grand opening in the oncoming months.